Sunday, May 27, 2012

Summer Stock Up

I went to several stores today in my area to gather the foods I would need to prepare for our Memorial Day dinner as well as things my kids would need to eat during the summer.  I shopped at CVS, Wal-Mart, Kroger, Ingles, Publix, Family Dollar and Rite Aid.  I spent a boat load of money, but here's hoping I will not have to spend as much as the weeks go on.  I got Frozen Pizza, Hot Pockets, Milk, Deodorant, Lotion, Chips, Dips, Cheese, Waffles, Sodas, Paper Plates, Powerade, Chicken, Ribs, Bread, Cookies, Candy, and anything else I felt would keep my teenagers from yelling "mom we have nothing to eat."  As long as they are able to go in the kitchen and find something to eat I am good.  I plan on cooking dinner and maybe some breakfasts meals, but I want to stay out of the kitchen as much as possible.  I purchased about $500.00 worth of food, but spent less than $300.  I feel this will keep them busy until the next haul.

No comments:

Post a Comment