Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Not so Smart Publix Shopping Trip

Never try to make a meal without coupons and a last minute run.  I rushed into Publix to try to pull something together for dinner after I forgot to take the chicken breast out of the freezer.  Rushed into Publix and got the shock of my life.  I purchased 3 chicken breast for $10 plus.  I could have bought a whole chicken fried, roasted and a host of sides for less than that.  That was a very rookie mistake I should have just fed my family peanut butter and jelly.  I did have a competitor's coupon for $5 off $25 so of course I bought more than I needed.  Also last week I saw the Publix cookie display and didn't take the coupon that was attached to it because I thought I would never buy those cookies, but when I saw them BOGO I had to take them home.

 
Purchased
2 Gallons of Milk $4.39
1 Box of Publix Cookies BOGO $3.99
1 Bin of Lettuce $2
1 Box of Dried Cranberries $2.45
1 Pack of Expensive Chicken $10.01
 
Used
1 $5 off $25 Competitor's Coupon
 
 
Total w/tax $20.24


No comments:

Post a Comment